Monday, September 28, 2015

I'm planning on doing a contest with the Arcade so took a lot of the same pic but slightly different.  I'm putting them here so I can compare.

I first started with this.

 The contest parameters is items from 5 different gacha creators from the September 2015 Arcade event.  So that's the haunted creepy doll by DRD.  Trust me it is creepy.  It does a scarey sing song child's voice singing -- eventually I had to turn off my sound so I could work around it.  It's a wonder I don't have nightmares.  The carriage is also DRD.  The trunk is Scarlet Creative, the painting is Pixel Mode. The rugs are 8f8. That makes 4.  I thought the hair was September Arcade which would make it 5 but it turns out it was the Summer Arcade event so I ended up not being able to use this pic. Too bad because I liked it so I redid it with windlight. I thought that was pretty atmospheric.


Haunted 1  -- starting point -- no blood splatter -- was having problems controlling where I laid down -- and when I clicked on something my body would shift in that direction unless it was the rug which would instead bring up the rug's color change menu --  no windlight


Haunted 2  -- tried another position  -- don't like this  as well


Haunted 3 --- another day, tried to match my position from the first day, changed the angle of my feet a little, introduced the blood spatter. I did move the baby carriage out after some consideration

 
Haunted 4 -- close up. I like this picture better but since one item (the painting with the orange drape) is almost completely cut out of the picture, you can not really see the 5th item
 
 
 Haunted 5  -- same close up but cut it a little higher so to see a little more of the painting in the left. I didn't change the lighting in any way but it seems like the doll's face is a tad lighter
 

Haunted 6 -- moved the chest back a little
 
 
Haunted 7, moved viewpoint back a little so painting shows a little more.  Contest rules is that there has to be items from 5 different creators and the last picture needed one more.  Actually I had 5 in the last picture but you can really see the bracelet so adding one more. 
 


Haunted 8.  Viewpoint a little farther back.  Can see the painting completely now and the urn as well but I don't like it as well.  Does have more of a crime scene photo look though.  Doll's face was too dark in previous photo so added a little light under the doll's chin.



Haunted 9. Now that everything is placed where it should be I added windlight, a fog.  I wanted her lit more and the rest of the room in a more muted color palatte like an abandoned or haunted house.

Haunted 10.  Moved back even moe to see if I could capture the ghost in the mirror.  The mirror is animated so the ghost flickers on and off.  I got lucky and got it on the first shot.


Haunted  11.  This picture wasn't for the contested.  This is an animated gif so that I could capture the ghost flickering on and off.  I took this one for myself.  The piano keys are tapping at the end there too.



Haunted 12. Back to a closer shot to emphasize the doll more. Lost the painting again.

Haunted 13.  Have to end it on the 13th shot.  Seems fitting given the topic

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
. I was done so time to choose. hmmm.
 
After all that, I chose Haunted #9 as my photo entry.
 
It is unlikely I'll win because there were some amazing photos submitted but it was good to get back into photography again.  Plus in SL, there are some elements in photography that makes setting up a studio shot easier --A) props, furniture, etc is much cheaper, lol;   B) the model (me) can change her look quickly and easily.  With my different skin choices, I have a professional make-up artist at my fingertips.  And body -- any size or shape just about.  And hair -- I could rhapsody about the choices of hair I could put on.  It is like Cindy Sherman but she can only change her outfit and hair -- I can change my whole body and face.  Not that you could see my face in this shot but still.  SL is so amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment